The following terms apply:
"Owner" shall mean Mr and Mrs. A D Grant
"Customer" shall mean the individual who the booking
"Tenants" shall mean the Customer's party
1. The Customer warrants that the properties let are to be used for the purposes of a holiday and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply, namely, "a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the house for a holiday."
2. The Customer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
3. The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises. In exceptional cases the owners may give permission for extra people to occupy the premises, in this case there will be an additional charge at the owners discretion.
4. The Customer binds and obliges himself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
6. The Owner has the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection, repair work, etc.
7. In the following instances there will be additional charges:
1. For breakages, loss or damage: The
Customer should report any deficiency which they notice
on arrival, and any which occurs during their stay.
Where appropriate, the Customer will be liable to pay
the replacement cost of the item broken, lost or damaged.
Items are listed on the inventory. Please note breakages,
loss or damages on the inventory and notify the owners
before you vacate the property.
2. When Tenants leave the house, furniture or equipment dirty: The house will be in a clean condition on your arrival, and Tenants must leave it in a like condition. The right is reserved to make a charge for additional cleaning if the property has not been left reasonably clean.
3. When Tenants arrive early or overstay the departure time: Time is required between tenancies in order to check the house before the next Tenants arrive. Occupation of the house will be given at 4pm of the first day of the let. The house must be vacated by 10am on the last day of the let. The right is reserved to charge for an extra day if tenants arrive before 4pm or have not left by 10am.
4. Linen and towels: Are included.
5. Electricity and gas: The meters will be read on the day you arrive and on the day you leave - any units used will be paid on the day of departure.
6. Dogs: Dogs are permitted by prior arrangement. Dogs must not be left in the premises unattended. There is a fee of £15 per dog per week (maximum of two).
8. The Owner may treat the booking as cancelled if the balance of the payment is not received 6 weeks before the arrival date, and every effort will be made to re-let the vacancy.
9. The Customer shall undertake to prevent any member of his / her party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to other residents or neighbouring occupiers.
10. The Customer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
11. The Customer undertakes to relieve the Owner from any liability for damage or injury, however caused, by any member of his party.
12. The Owner, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Customer's party or their property, howsoever caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
13. Deposit: Your booking will only be confirmed following receipt of the relevant holding deposit. The deposit is payable on booking, the deposit forms part of the total weekly rate for the property.
Payment by credit card will be subject to a handling charge of 2.5%
Holding Deposits payable are as follows:
Croig, 82 High Street - £100.00
The balance is payable not less than
six weeks before the arrival date. You will not be sent
notification that the balance is due.
If the balance of payment is not received by the stated date, the dates will be marketed again and the deposit forfeited.
14. Cancellation: Our cancellation terms are as follows:
The Customer may cancel within 7 working days of the owners' confirmation of booking, during which time the deposit will be returned in full. After this date the deposit is non-refundable, regardless of circumstances.
From 6 weeks to 4 weeks prior to the arrival date 50% of the balance will be forfeit.
From 4 weeks to 2 weeks prior to the arrival date 75% of the balance will be forfeit
Within 14 days of the arrival date 100% of the rental fee will be forfeit.
The Owners have taken every care to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions on their web site and in their brochure, and all information is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct. The owners reserve the right to make changes at any time without notice
16. In relation to Croig, 82 High Street, the letting contract will be between Mr and Mrs A D Grant and the Customer.
17. In the event that any individual term or clause stated in this contract is not permissible by law, the remainder of the Contract shall remain valid.
18. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
19. This does not affect your statutory rights..